The Balance Series is a labour of love based on a desire to showcase underground dance music legends, and over the last 13 years the Balance Series has had the privilege to work with some of the biggest names in underground dance: Henry Saiz, Nick Warren, Deetron, James Holden, Desyn Masiello, Lee Burridge, Timo Maas and Will Saul just to name a few. Last year we decided to launch the Balance Presents series to showcase the next generation of selectors coming through – needless to say the response so far on jozif and Guy J’s Presents compilations have been phenomenal.
Thanks to the power of the internet we now have the opportunity to hear from all of you bedroom selectors. Yes, Balance is calling on all bedroom producers and DJ’s to get mixing as we would love to hear from all of the as-yet-unheard-of talent that is out there. Once a month we will highlight a mix from the Balance Community forums right here on the home of Balance, and we will also feature the winning mix alongside an interview with each month’s winner.
The rules are simple: just post your mix in the Balance forums with a little intro about yourself and where you are from, and also a few words on the mix (no more than 200 words). Each month the same panel that choose who compiles the Balance Series compilations will pick a standout mix to feature on the Balance website. All genres are welcome but all we ask is to dig deep – we don’t want to sit through 20 consecutive mixes that feature the top 20 Beatport charts.
In this industry all one needs some time is a lucky break and we are hoping that we can give that opportunity to you.
1. Preference will be given to mixes NOT recorded in a club. All Balance mixes are painstakingly put together for weeks (sometimes even months) by Balance inductees before release date and we would like to think you can hear this attention to detail! We’re not saying we want something that takes months to put together but we are after some well thought out and crafted mixes that pay attention to the smaller details… Consider this, what would you present to the world if you were given the opportunity to mix a Balance comp?
2. Points to consider are mood, tempo, key mixing and progression and how they all fit together to tell a story.
3. We would like a tracklisting with all submissions… have you ever bought a Balance comp which didn’t have a tracklisting included?
4. 60 min mixes would be preferable, BUT if more time is needed to complete your journey then feel free to submit.
5. All genre’s are welcome
6. Submissions are limited to one a month per artist.